Pages

Aug 1, 2013

Common errors in English usage - Paul Brians

Common errors in English usage - Brians, Paul

Staff Comment: There is something to be said for a grammar book that makes you laugh out loud.



Reviews:

I rarely take a Grammar Girl podcast live without at least quadruple-checking my main thesis, and Common Errors in English Usage has quickly become one of my most valued fact-checking resources. --'Grammar Girl' Mignon Fogarty

Paul Brians has written a handy and likable reference tool. When he gives you the right answer, he sends you off chuckling--a winning combination. --Jack Miles, Pulitzer Prize winner & former literary editor, LA Times

I'd call Paul Brians' book incredible, fabulous, or fantastic, except thanks to him, I know now that none of those words are what I really mean. Let's just say that Common Errors in English Usage is the most cheerfully useful book I've read since the Kama Sutra. --Scott Simon, host of NPR's Weekend Edition

Check Availability